Deon Hinton

New York—based content creator, photographer and model Deon Hinton is lensed by MaryV Benoit for Calvin Klein.

“I’m shedding layers of myself, and it’s beautiful to watch. I’m feeling so much in this very moment. Shooting this campaign for Calvin Klein muffles the probing voices told to that younger, bullied, depressed black boy who wanted so badly to be accepted by others, whilst being unable to even accept himself. I snuck off briefly in between takes and cried a couple of times on set. This was a gratitude, a sense of happiness I could not contain. I’ve come so far. In this moment I’m not thinking of what’s next, what I will do next, but simply, just being wholeheartedly grateful for this very moment. For those of you tired of fighting, wounded from whatever you’re battling, that feel you have no way out of your sorrows, continue to seek the light, even in your gloom. This is much bigger than just me, this is for any of you chasing or seeking anything, rather that be a dream, or even yourself. Thank you to the amazing MaryV Benoit and to everyone involved in making this campaign possible. For little Deon and others out there today that mirror him in some form, we did it.”



The Best of Men is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon websites.

No comments: