Reece King

Model Reece King is photographed by Stephen Maycock for We The Urban magazine.

I had problems with insomnia for years and my anxiety, which mainly was from traveling and being in new places, took a toll on me. When I first started modeling I had to ask my brother for directions everyday and train times so I could write down everything on paper because it helped with excessive traveling anxiety I felt. It was all still new for me and even though I seem really confident I am super introverted. I decided to start sharing these parts of my life because I found it was a problem that I couldn’t ignore and I also didn't want to lie and have to pretend that life is perfect. I think I knew it was important to put messages out there because I need to hear them too. I’m still learning how to cope with the problems I face mentally but mainly I have improved through personal hobbies and solitude. I have learned to not overwork myself so I turn down a lot of jobs and opportunities that don’t feel good or natural to me and I make sure my energy is feeling good before putting myself into anything, especially work. I think I am just learning how to be happy and how to deal with the sad times, but it’s getting better. — Reece King

No comments: